SEMrush vs Ahrefs vs Ubersuggest Which SEO Tool is Better
There are a plethora of SEO tools available on the market because of the advancement of technology in digital marketing. It’s challenging to find the ideal SEO tool that is both feature-rich and cost-effective. As a result, a thorough analysis of Ahrefs, SEMrush, and Ubersuggest is required.
Most digital marketers utilize SEMrush, Ahrefs, and Ubersuggest as their top three SEO tools. All three programs provide extremely useful capabilities for improving your website’s SEO and rating. However, each piece of software has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
As the best digital marketing consultant in India, I have used and tried all the SEO tools. In this article, I am going to suggest the best SEO tool out of SEMrush, Ahrefs, and Ubersuggest and help you make a fair decision.
Let’s consider the following comparison of Ahrefs, SEMrush, and Ubersuggest.
A Quick Overview
Ahrefs, SEMrush, and Ubersuggest are a total package of SEO tools that can help you locate the ideal keywords for your site, do a site audit, analyze backlinks, and research your competition.
Ahrefs began as a link checker and has since added a slew of new SEO-related functions. You may use Ahrefs to improve your SEO strategy by researching keywords for different search engines and calculating traffic value.
SEMrush is more of a marketing tool than a search engine. You may use SEMrush to assess your SEO results, develop your PPC campaigns, have a look at your competitors, and optimize your social media accounts.
Ubersuggest, on the other hand, gives you a complete picture of your site’s SEO. Ubersuggest makes it simple to track and enhance your SEO performance, from detailed traffic data (for the last 12 months) to keyword research and finding your top pages.
Ease of Use: Ahrefs Vs SEMrush Vs Ubersuggest
Firstly, let’s take a look at how Ahrefs, SEMrush, and Ubersuggest compare in terms of simplicity of use.
Ahrefs and SEMrush both have a learning curve, and it may take a few days before you can fully utilize them. Ubersuggest, on the other hand, does not necessitate any prior knowledge of the tool.
How to use Ubersuggest?
Ubersuggest, unlike Ahrefs or SEMrush, does not require you to sign in to access the data you need. You can, however, log in with your Google account to get more information about the keywords or the website you want to analyze.
Here is a guide on how to use Ubersuggest for keyword research.
- Visit the website Ubersuggest. You can access it from both your smartphone and laptop. https://neilpatel.com/ubersuggest/
- Enter the keyword you wish to and set the location to get more specific results and enter “search”.
- Ubersuggest will show you a summary of the terms, including monthly search volume, SEO difficulty, paid difficulty, and CPC. It also displays related keywords and content ideas that are linked to that keyword.
Likewise, you can check out your own or a competitor’s website.
- Visit the website Ubersuggest.
- Click on search after entering your chosen URL and selecting the location for which you wish to assess the website.
- The number of organic keywords, average monthly traffic, domain score, and total backlinks will all be displayed by Ubersuggest.
- You may see more information about the URL as you scroll down, such as the top SEO pages and keywords by nation.
How to use SEMrush?
To get started with SEMrush, join up for a free trial. SEMrush, like Ubersuggest, is a free tool. However, you are limited to one project, which means you can only analyze and track changes for one website.
Here’s how you can do keyword research on SEMrush.
- Sign up/Register on SEMrush for free. https://www.semrush.com/
- Go to the “Keyword Overview” tool.
- Enter the keyword you wish to analyze, select the location and click on “Analyze”.
- SEMrush will display information such as volume, keyword difficulty, CPC, featured snippets, and similar terms.
Similarly, you can analyze your website. Let’s have a look.
- Once signed up, go to “Traffic Analyzer”.
- Enter your website’s or your competitor’s URL and click on search.
- SEMrush will then provide you with complete details like unique visitors, total visitors, bounce rates, pages per visit, average visit duration, and devices.
How to use Ahrefs?
Signing up for Ahrefs’ main tools, such as site explorer, keywords explorer, site audit, rank tracker, and content explorer, is required. Ahrefs, unlike the other tools on this list, does not offer a free trial. For a 7-day trial, you’ll have to spend $7.
Other Ahrefs features, such as the backlink checker, broken link detector, and keyword generator, are, however, completely free to use.
So here’s a guide for keyword research on Ahrefs.
- Go to the Ahrefs website. https://ahrefs.com/
- Then go to “Keyword Generator” on Ahrefs.
- Enter the keyword you want to research on, select the location, select the search engine, and then click on “Find Keywords”.
- After that, Ahrefs will present you with 100 keyword suggestions, as well as keyword difficulty and volume. It only shows the KD (Keyword Difficulty) for the first ten phrases, though. You’ll need to sign up with Ahrefs to find KD for all of the keywords.
Features Comparison: Ahrefs vs SEMrush vs Ubersuggest
As previously stated, each tool has its own set of features that distinguishes it. Let’s take a look at how Ahrefs, SEMrush, and Ubersuggest differ from one another.
Ahrefs Top Features
- You can use Ahrefs to find keywords for ten different search engines. It includes Google, Bing, Yahoo, YouTube, Amazon, Baidu, Yandex, Naver, Seznam, Daum. If you want to dominate SERPs on other search engines, Ahrefs could be the right tool for you.
- Ahrefs estimates monthly organic search traffic for your chosen keywords based on the current top-ranking pages. This shows how many visitors you may expect if you rank first in search results for your target keyword.
SEMrush Top Features
- SEMrush can assist you in honing your content marketing skills. The “Content Analyzer” tool keeps track of your website and notifies you of any posts that need to be deleted, updated, or have poor content.
- SEMrush has a social media marketing feature built-in. You can plan articles, determine the optimal time to post content, produce fresh content while browsing the web, edit images, and measure your progress using UTM.
Ubersuggest Top Features
- Ubersuggest displays the number of mobile and desktop searches for each keyword. It also shows the age range of those who are looking for it. Marketers who want to target customers of a specific age group or device will find this highly useful.
- Ubersuggest also displays the most popular content based on social shares, allowing you to write the greatest articles for your website.
Do you want to know how much money you’ll have to spend each month to have access to these tools? Let’s compare the prices of Ahrefs, SEMrush, and Ubersuggest.
As previously stated, the Ahrefs trial is $7 for its two plans: Lite and Standard. The price of Ahrefs starts at $99 and goes up to $999.
The most significant constraint of Ahrefs’ lower plans is that each link intersection and content gap report can only show ten results.
SEMrush has a free version of its software available. However, it comes with a fairly limited set of functions. To begin, you can only add one website. Second, you can only create ten reports per day including keyword research, competitor analysis, and social media analytics.
SEMrush has three different pricing options, starting at $99.95. The most expensive monthly package costs $399.95.
The most significant limitation in SEMrush pricing is that competitive intelligence will cost you an extra $200 each month. Furthermore, the lowest tier user does not have access to rank tracking across numerous devices and locations.
The basic service is completely free. Free keyword and content suggestions, domain analysis, site audits, and backlink analysis are all available.
Ubersuggest has three pricing options, with the first one starting at $12. The most expensive option is $40 per month.
Regardless of the subscription you choose, you’ll have access to all of Ubersuggest’s features. The only difference is the number of reports you can create, keywords you can track, keyword suggestions you can make, and content ideas you can come up with.
As you can see, Ubersuggest is the clear winner in the Ahrefs vs SEMrush vs Ubersuggest comparison.
Being a digital marketing consultant, I recommend Ubersuggest as the better SEO tool as it’s a free tool, and the premium version’s price is reasonable when compared to the other two.